These are resources, documents, forms we have found useful and helpful and want to share with you. Suggestions for additions are also welcome.
We want to provide you with as much information as possible that will help make your journey easier and will also gladly exchange links with sites of relevance.
If you have a relevant link or form you would like to share with others or would care to exchange a link with us, please fill in the form BELOW and we will happily accommodate.
No Attachments Please
Helpful Documents / Forms:
- Emergency Room List (pdf) - What you should always have ready to take with you.
- Hospital Form (pdf) - Keep in your ER Kit.
- The Revised Beers Criteria (Medication List pdf) - Drugs by use and safety. 2012
- The Anticholinergic Cognitive Burden Scale (pdf) - Divided into 3 levels of risk. 2011.
- Anticholinergics and the Elderly-Detail document (pdf) - Compiled from several sources. 2011.
- Caregiver List - Connects you with services in your home state.
- Read How You Want - Select your Region to order books in Braille(Daisy and mp3 format)
- Free Teepa Snow YouTube Video Links - Links to Easy to Understand Videos about Everything You WANT and NEED to know about Dementia and Caring for a Loved One. Videos are segmented into groups for Family Members and Professionals
- Lewy Body Dementia Assn. - The premier source of caregiver information on Lewy Body Dementia
- Family Caregiver Alliance. - Lot's of great information via its Family Care Navigator.
- Elder Care Websites. - A FREE online care resource that includes some of the best elder care websites from America and abroad.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Weekly. - Good articles on dementia
- Teepa Snow Home Page - A must see!
- HugsHelen Graphic Arts - To save your loved one's history in photos.
- Lewy Body Dementia: Learning to Live with Lewy Body Dementia
LBD Trained Facilities:
- Aspen Ridge Memory Care - Bend, Oregon - LBD Training in 2009
- The Villas at San Bernardino - San Bernardino, CaliforniaOngoing Training - LBD Caregiver's Support Group
- Pelican Pointe Memory Care - Klamath Falls, Oregon - Ongoing Training
- Garden Courte Memory Care - Olympia, Washington - Ongoing Training
- Golden Living Centers - Locations in Multiple States - Check Your Location - Ongoing Training
- Home Instead Senior Care Services Bucks County - Plumsteadville, PASupports LBD, CG Group with books, training
- Inland Northwest Alzheimer's Assn. - Community training in 2009
Course Work for Dementia Care:
- University of Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ - Yearly Nursing class
- Parkinson's Resource Center
- 613 S. Washington, Suite 104
- Spokane, WA 99204
- Phone: (509) 443-3361
- Email: email@example.com
- 5-state Tele-health broadcast
- Parkinson's Assn. of the Rockies
- 1325 South Colorado Boulevard
- Suite 204B
- Denver CO 80222
- Phone: (303) 830.1839
- Global Conference on Parkinson's Disease
- Dementia and Stress management sessions
- Parkinson's Resources of Oregon
- Helpline: 503.594.0901 / 800.426.6806
- FAX: 503.594.0547
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3975 Mercantile Drive.
- Suite 154
- Lake Oswego, OR 97035
A Special Caregiver's LBDtools.com Offer!
This is a $62.85 Value for a special price of $49.99
THAT'S A $12.86 SAVINGS!
"The Caregivers Guide to Lewy Body Dementia" by Award Winning Authors Jim and Helen Whitworth is the first book to present a thorough picture of what Lewy body dementia really is.
"Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's & Lewy Body Dementia" explores the history that Parkinson's, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders share with Lewy body.
This trio pack is rounded out by The Whitworth's training guide,"Riding a Rollercoaster With Lewy Body Dementia." "Rollercoaster" is a comprehensive manual for all caregivers working with Lewy body dementia patients.